View Single Post
struggling2
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2012
58 hugs
given
Trig Feb 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Trigger: CSA mentioned

I know this isnt entirely therapy related but I plan to talk to T about it again...im just scared to...afraid she will get annoyed with me for bringing it up again. Just watned to see what anybody else thought of it.

A comment my dad made a few months ago keeps sticking in my head and wont go away. some backstory : this comment was before my parents were aware that I had suspicions that my dad might have sexually abused me

I was at my parents house to drop something off and they were talking about my sister who had recently been placed with 2 young foster kids and they were discussing what they had suffered and what had ultimately ended them up in foster care. my dads aunt and uncle had foster girls all the time when i was growing up and my dad pointed out "they only took in girls that were sexually abused"...and then he always has to make a point of how wrong that is. Why does he always have to point that out?

Then, he looked me dead in the eye and said "were you abused? did we abuse you?hahahaha"....it was weird/creepy. he said it seriously but somewhat sarcastic and then laughed and looked away. i didnt know what to say or do. my mom said nothing. just carried on doing whatever she was doing at the moment.

why would he say that? is that a joke someone would make? a parent to his daughter? im so confused. i have no specific memory just alot of bad boundaries he had and some red flags...but that comment has always felt really eerie to me.
struggling2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
anonymous112713, critterlady, FourRedheads, Freefall1974, Nelliecat, pbutton, precious things, rainbow8, Syra