View Single Post
Anne2.0
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2013 at 05:43 PM

It's okay to talk about the same thing again . . and again . . . and again. Every time I raise an issue for the upteenth time, my T cheerfully says, "I haven't heard you talk about this in a long while." I don't know, he seems to dig it. He also likes to observe how I can be different talking about the same thing, and that the way I talk about things is a sign of progress.

I think that perpetrators rarely confess when they are confronted, either in big or small ways. Usually they have had many years, assuming that they are aware of what they did-- I think that some may have dissociated it away-- to confess or apologize or whatever, and they haven't taken that step. Direct confrontation, however gentle, is unlikely to encourage them to do so. More than likely, it causes them to go further underground.

I don't think it's crazy to feel crazy that he doesn't acknowledge the bad boundaries that you remember, but you can also believe your truth no matter what he says. You don't need his affirmation in what happened in order to heal from what you remember. You can see his perspective as irrelevant at best and as deliberately deceitful at worst.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
happiedasiy, pbutton