Thread: support group
View Single Post
KoldFeat

Member Since Feb 2013
Default Feb 21, 2013 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon1510 View Post
I've been a member since 2007 but this is really my first post. I am such a severe state of depression for way too long this time that I am searching everywhere for someone to help me.

I've had a lot of losses in my life, including family, friends, finances, beloved pets, etc. I don't have 1 friend. Some were friends for 40 yrs and now they've just moved on as though I never existed. Depression is such a lonely disease.

I've taken many, many different meds and combination thereof, and now nothing seems to work at all. Not able to find a Dr. that has any answers and no one really seems to care. I live in S. Fla. and yesterday I contacted Dept. of Psychiatry at University of Miller School of Medicine in hopes of finding a Dr. that may be able to help me. Still waiting for a return phone call. I really don't have much confidence anymore with the Doctors dealing with mental health. I really don't feel like they have the answers to how to help people that are extremely depressed or what medications to have us take. It's just a guessing game on their part and we suffer through it everytime we have to see someone new, or go off a med and then go on a new med and it just goes on and on and on.

I cry constantly, never smile or laugh or look forward to anthing,or feel any joy or pleasure. I have to go on because I'm an animal advocate and have two cats that I could never leave and to have them end up in a shelter alone and scared. I would rather suffer daily then allow that to happen.

I'm just rambling and this is why I never post.
First off, you are not alone. Sometimes its hard to feel any happiness for me, too. But the animals that you help need you, and I know my cats and dogs love me. I think that yours love you, (although it is hard to tell with a cat). Once they trust you, you know that you have accomplished something.

Second, ramble all you want. That's what this is for. But I don't think you rambled too much. I drive trucks, and once you get a driver started, it is hard to stop them. We ramble on and on. Someone will read your post, and connect to what you said. So it is important.

Good luck with the search for a dr that can help you. Depression is confusing for everyone. Many people don't understand it, or why we can't just 'be happy'. Same with the meds. What works for one person may not work for another.

I have a friend who was also suffering from depression. He refused my calls, and disconnected himself. I assumed he was mad at me over something, but really he was having trouble, too. So some people might lose touch, but it may not be anything you did. Remember that, ok?
KoldFeat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote