Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2013 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarch_butterfly View Post
Hi! I have quite a psych history. I have asked my therapist about this but she kind of ignored it. First some history.

I was sexually, verbally and emotionally abused pretty much my whole life. Unlike other people i don't remember much at all of my child hood. Today i do dissociate kind of go down a tunnel and lose time. Usually minutes. But i KNOW there is another person in my head. I could totally describe her. And i think she knows my whole chkldhood.

My question is which dissociative disorder is this? If she (Anna) came out when i was little i don't think she comes out now. Any ideas?

Oh i have been diagnosed with OCD personality disorder. Depression with psychosis. Conversion disorder. Ptsd and generalised anxiety disorder. (I am only being treated for the last two right now)
Im sorry but we can not make a diagnosis of your problems all we can do is tell you what those symptoms were/are with in ourselves...

those same symptoms you wrote about were called many different things by my treatment providers depending upon accompanying symptoms..such as anemia, sleep deprivation, Multiple Sclerosis, bipolar disorder, eating disorder, anxiety panic disorder, psychosis, OCD, depression, PTSD, dissociation, depersonalization, derealization, DID, dissociative dissociative amnesia, introjects (which is a type of alter that is not a dissociative type alter) ego state (again different then having DID type alters) and many others too..

to find out what these symptoms are with in you, you will need to talk with your therapist or a psychiatrist for diagnostics processing.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote