View Single Post
Oceanwave
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2010
Default Feb 27, 2013 at 03:21 AM

Thanks everyone - the baby is almost 6 months now. Still "new" baby to me in that it takes so long to adjust to this new state of things. And in this period of time I have not had a break, so am probably really worn out and exhausted in general, maybe that's why I am rather short with people these days. But it is also true that people close to me can't completely understand and sympathise with how tired and isolated I am and what it takes to relentlessly breastfeed and look after a baby all day - and night. My husband goes to work every day, so he is still doing his usual things, meets real people and has his old schedule. It is as though hardly anything changed for him while everything changed for me. Also my parents live in another country so it's hard without their help - but even then, they seem to care a lot about the baby but not really about how I am. When I'm looking after a baby full time I'd really need someone to look after me!! Just getting back to my usual things, going back to work and having a holiday would go a long way, I think. These are all really good suggestions, thanks for all. I just need to make small changes to fit in the things that make me feel like myself again! Before the baby I was a very busy person with a career, and this new state of things (being a mom at home alone) is entirely alien to me. You lose (touch with) who you are.
Oceanwave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shezbut, Travelinglady, yellowted