View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 28, 2013 at 02:51 PM

I married my one-time boss. I don't believe it is ever easy having a coworker relationship, it can be awkward with bosses and coworkers, etc. knowing and watching at company parties, etc. Everyone will have their opinion and probably be over anxious to share it with you whether you want to know or not.

Not all companies cover relationships in their employee handbook, ours did not have anything about relationships at all. I had a good friend though and her husband, who had been a high up executive, was fired for dating her when she worked for the company. Depends on if your company likes playing moral games, etc.

I had a hard time of it as some of my coworkers were against my dating our boss, etc. and his status was higher than mine so I had to go to higher status parties where I felt awkward, etc. I would look around, if it is a fair-sized company, and see if I could find any "examples" in the past or present and talk to those people to see how it goes and if it is worth it in your situation.

Thanks for this!
Mara Mountain