View Single Post
Bluesummers

Member Since Oct 2010
Default Feb 28, 2013 at 09:36 PM

Forgive me, I'm not sure how much help I might be.

Anyway, for what it's worth:

I can see why you would be concerned about your daughter. After all, your going through a difficult time in your life right now.

It seems to me, from what information you've given here, your doing what you can to be a good mom. It seems very logical to me, to involve your mother and husband in assisting you. It may give the impression your not the mom you want to be, however, to me, that shows you love and care very much about your daughter.

To my eyes, I think you've clearly displayed great courage and strength. As you've made the choice to come here for one. Not only that, but your seeking and receiving help. It's easy to view that as weak, but I promise it's not. It is often far simpler(and unhealthier) to avoid addressing things.

I think it might help to remember, that many of those moms you aspire to, if put in your position, may struggle to be doing what you are right now. Sadly, it can be all too easy not to give ourselves credit where it's due, especially when we become unwell.

I'd imagine it must be very difficult to see right now, but your not alone. There is support, and your taking constructive steps. Have you let anyone else know how your doing at the moment? For instance, your doctor, or a therapist if you have one. If you've not, that could be a positive step to help things at the moment.

I hope that's of some help to you.
Bluesummers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote