thickntired
Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 02, 2013 at 08:12 AM

Hi Koko,

That really sucks - breaking a date over the phone! A few things stood out to me on your post. First you wrote she was interested which is unusual. That makes me sad. I think you're not giving yourself enough credit of what you may have to offer a girlfriend. To quote perks of being a wallflower, we accept the love we feel we deserve.

It also stood out that she has a boyfriend in a long term relationship. I would assume she loves this person. Why do you believe you "both" share a love like no other? Was she in love with you or are is this giving you false hope?

It also seems like you set a very high bar of standards for a partner, but I did not read any traits like kindness or having a good heart. If that makes sense. Once I was able to look past finding the perfect man who met all requirements on my list, I married a great guy. Also, it makes me sad of all the potential women you're not meeting while you are fixated on an unavailable person. You sound like a really caring person who is maybe directing all the love into an unattainable place.

I believe the more you can love yourself the more you will maybe be able to move on with your life.

Peace,

TnT

There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.

Erma Bombeck
thickntired is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Koko2