Koko2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2011
68 hugs
given
Default Mar 02, 2013 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed View Post
Why not take more risks? If you see her again, talk to her and perhaps you'll find that she's single now. How else are you going to find out, unless you talk to her?

Life is about taking risks. ...
Find something to do, get into a hobby, meet new friends, join a club, volunteer in your spare time. There are a lot of things you can to do "entertain" yourself. Don't sit at home, remembering past hurts -- you'll never get over them.

I wish you the very best Koko -- please take good care of yourself. God bless and keep us posted, okay? Big hugs, Lee
I'd like to, but she didn't just reject me, she ran away from me into the arms of a former boyfriend. Yikes, what did I do? The next year when I was on temporary assignment within proximity of her, the first day we saw each other, she complained of having a back ache. I think she broke up with her boyfriend, and wanted me to massage her back. But it was too much for me to do that the first time seeing her again.

I don't know if she'd want to speak with me again because the last time she walked by me in a store, I focused my attention at a store counter away from her and let her pass by without saying anything. She might have taken that as giving her a cold shoulder.

I cried in my pillow for months after the rejection, but I have been busy with things on a day to day basis and no longer cry over it. However, I do think what if from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickntired View Post
Hi Koko,

That really sucks - breaking a date over the phone! A few things stood out to me on your post. First you wrote she was interested which is unusual. That makes me sad. I think you're not giving yourself enough credit of what you may have to offer a girlfriend. ...Was she in love with you or are is this giving you false hope?

It also seems like you set a very high bar of standards for a partner, but I did not read any traits like kindness or having a good heart. If that makes sense. ...

Peace,

TnT
It's rare when the feeling is mutual for me. My life is like that J Geils song. She seemed to be in love with me. The way she looked at me and smiled and blushed when I asked her out all seemed to indicate so. One thing that attracted me was she's very kind to people, except this phone breakup thing. It may have been over a chance misunderstanding. I arranged for us to meet at a restaurant on a Sunday, that I later found out was closed on Sundays. She later spoke of another restaurant nearby with enthusiasm, but I said why don't we just go to that restaurant for our first date. If she looked it up in the yellow pages, she may have been disconcerted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelaceF View Post
I feel like you're missing out on what others offer, while fixated on this unavailable person. Do you often want what you know you can't have?
Good question. I don't know if love is always rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlady View Post
How great is she if she broke up with you on the phone? I think you should leave room in your heart for others, maybe she's just playing the field, or maybe you should have some fun and converse with other women and get to know more of them
That's good advice. I have a predilection for a certain kind of woman physically though. All of my girlfriends have had this physical thing in common. There's not a lot of that type around where I live though, and not many single women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrydavidtherobot View Post
Rejection is rough, but I think that lovelace has a good point. Why do you think the rejection hurt so bad? what are your thoughts?
It probably hurt because I thought it was my only chance since I haven't met anyone else of interest since moving here. And because I thought she was really into me.

The next year when my job assignment brought me back into proximity, she did seem to have second thoughts. During the last week of my job assignment, she passed by me several days in a row and said "hi". I said "hi" each time, but on the final time, I said it in a different tone of voice, lower and mechanical. When she was well past me, she turned around with a hurt expression on her face. That was the last time we spoke.

The prior year, after the rejection, I greeted her the next day with a "what's up?" cheerful kind of attitude, and somewhat flirted with her as she passed by. I tried to leave a good impression, so maybe we could get together later on. The next year, she seemed impressed by some other work that I was doing, and seemed to be interested in me again, but then she kept somewhat of a distance for a couple months until that final week when she walked by and said hi. I didn't want to be rejected again so I didn't try to initiate anything, leaving it up to her to move beyond hi.
Koko2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote