View Single Post
Anonymous32825

Default Mar 04, 2013 at 02:40 AM

If you don't work in the same dept. and can get your jobs done no matter what happens, I see no issue with it...but do check your employee handbook, if there is one.
The concern is usually "the boss," aka upper management, dating someone they supervise. I dated two different people I worked with at my last job and 1 at the job before that. The two at the last job...we worked in the same dept, one sat NEXT to me...let's just say I asked to move when that ended...but only because he wouldn't leave me alone. But even now I don't regret it. He was hurt that I ended it and he still liked me; it was just awkward.
The other guy I dated at my last job was a supervisor and is now just a good friend. And although it didn't work out (in that case, I was the one hurt who had to get over it), I gained a great friend from it. And yes, we kept our dating at the time a secret...it was easy though, since he was so quiet; no one knew. The ex from the other job also became a friend.
So if you approach this realistically and are aware of the company guidelines (or, if there are none), you have little to lose, and so few relationships actually work out (plus it's so hard to meet guys these days unless you want to do the bar scene, ugh), who knows, why not give it a try! I wish you the best of luck!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Mara Mountain