View Single Post
Kate1955

Member Since Mar 2013
66 hugs
given
Default Mar 04, 2013 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Chris View Post
Thanks for replying. Sorry it took so long to get back to you two. It's difficult to talk about myself..even if my problems are all I can manage to talk about. I don't understand. I haven't talked to anyone at all lately.. Feeling like I'm a failure. As a friend, brother/son, as a person.

My friend called me today, she said that another friend needed Benadryl for a panick attack.. I don't have my license and I've been sick for a few days, so I wasn't able to give him any. Although they were able to find someone to bring him some..I feel that being a friend, I should have taken it to him anyways.

I wish I knew if someone didn't like talking to me. If I ask too many questions, or sound stupid. If I say "I, Me, My" too much. I rarely write a sentence on here without "I". Selfish. Stupid. Ah, whatever.

Does anyone else worry about people watching you? For example, I went outside to smoke a cig a bit ago. I noticed a car in the parking lot of the Auto Service Shop across the road. The first thought I had was, "Is there someone in that car looking over here?" I'll note that I don't actually believe that there is someone there, just that I always feel like I'm being watched so I look for confirmation that it's actually happening.

There I went again. Lol. Sorry about that.

Wish you all the best,
Chris.
Hi Chris, my husband has AvPD and had a lifelong self consciousness. This almost crippled him when he was your age. It does get better with age but I strongly advise anyone who thinks they have it to get whatever help they need as my husband takes everything we say as a criticism...it makes life very difficult. All the best with everything.
Kate1955 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Call Me Chris