View Single Post
Perdue

Member Since Mar 2013
Default Mar 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM

The one word that best characterizes borderline personality is "instability." Emotions are unstable, fluctuating wildly, often for no discernible reason. Thought processes are unstable—rational and clear at times, quite extreme and distorted at other times. Behavior is unstable—often with periods of excellent conduct, high efficiency and trustworthiness alternating with outbreaks of regression to childlike states of helplessness and anger, suddenly quitting a job, withdrawing into isolation, failing.

Self control is unstable leading to impulsive behaviors and chaotic relationships. A person with borderline personality disorder may sacrifice themselves for others,

Associated with this instability is terrible anxiety

Hello, I am new here and not too sure how to go about dealing with this. I have not been diagnosed yet, but seeing a psychologist.

What I have underlined fits me perfectly. The thing is, these traits only come out when I am in a relationship. I have no anger, no tantrums, but I have great insecurities.

I have recently been dumped. It is a first for me, I usually let go before, but this time it was not the case. I completely lost myself in that 2 and 1 /2 year relationship. I lived for him. Was always worried he'd abandon me.

I was adopted and raised in an alcoholic family, so I am wondering if that can have any thing to do about it.
Perdue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
wadingthruemotions

Thanks for this!
wadingthruemotions