View Single Post
Melmo
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2012
32 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2013 at 02:56 PM

She is going to be 3 in just over a week. For the last few months she has been obsessed with ceiling fans and lights, and is terrified of noises. When she was a baby, she always liked fans and lights, and we used to lay her on a blanket under the ceiling fan in our livingroom and she would stare at it. She also hated public washrooms because of the flushing toilets and hand dryers. She would scream until we left.
Now, she has mostly gotten over flushing toilets but is still terrifed of the hand dryers. Also, when we go to the mall she will freak out when we pass by a store that's being remodeled because there's loud noises. If she hears a loud noise, she immediately stops and will not take another step, says "help me mommy, carry me" Every single time I have to pick her up. She does that a lot in the mall, aswell as always looking at the ceiling wherever we are in the mall or a store.
Today we went to a convenience store and she was staring at the ceiling, and again, stopped and got freaked out by something and I had to carry her out. Not even sure what it was because there was no noises, only thing I could hear was the hum of the coolers.
The other day I was mentioning this to my boss at work and she mentioned austism. I don't think she is autistic, she is very smart and talks a lot, plays just fine with other kids. Knows the alphabet and most numbers from 1-30. Knows all her colors.
Is this normal for her age?
Melmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shortandcute