View Single Post
ickydog2006
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2004
83 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Have you talked to any pediatritions specializing in OCD at a young age. It sounds a lot like the symptoms I started with. I still don't like loud noises and have learned to tolerate them despite the anxiety. It's hard for me to stay calm when my husband is playing with our 2 1/2 year old, because they both love making loud sound effects (boys *rolls eyes*). As I got older I developed more rituals/obsessions. Change upset me. I was scared of people bumping my desk cause I'd have to reorganize, had to sit in certain parts of the classroom, would go in early to line up chairs and desks (all first grade), I didn't know how to express my panic in an understandable way and was often punished when I was younger (especially having to write "unflexible" over and over again). I was extremely inteligent and responsible which seemed to upset people all the more when I paniced, like I should know better. Some peopole in general are over sensitive, but the sooner you get expert advice the sooner you can address it and ease a child/person into coping with situations beyond their control.