NWgirl2013
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2013
1,820 hugs
given
Unhappy Mar 29, 2013 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
If you're someone who's in a current relationship with someone who has a personality disorder, or someone who's had a past relationship with them, this is a forum to share experience, coping tips, and more.

Please keep in mind -- we're a place for mental health support. Be respectful when discussing these issues and try not to generalize.

DocJohn
Hi DocJohn ~ My ADD/Depressed partner refuses to get help, & wants to stay in the same unhealthy, destructive loop our marriage has always been in.
I am the accommodating one here & it has set us on a course that feeds into itself like a mother eating its' young.
The good news is I can see it for what it is now, where as before I only struggled on in the wake of broken promises/manipulation & misdirection, not knowing what was going on.

I feel only despair, as he takes us down, emotionally, spiritually, financially.

My cleanup crew mentality has ended with my own post traumatic headache syndrome that is a never ending, mind numbing pain in my head.

He is visibly afraid as he sees he will have to step up & be responsible for his own behavior/mistakes. I can't fix them anymore.

I live in fear of what the future will bring. I need a little encouragement. Today is not one of my good days. Is there a kind word out there...?
NWgirl2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote