View Single Post
Anonymous33350

Default Apr 01, 2013 at 07:35 PM

All of my friends know I've taken Adderall in the past and that I currently take Vyvanse. Honestly don't care (as in they don't treat me any different for it-- it doesn't phase them) my one friend actually takes Adderall herself so we get on real well. However, I've recently encountered a new experience that I am not sure how to respond to. I am a sophomore in college in a nursing program. A woman in our program (an adult in her late 30's going back to school after being a stay at home mom) has been repeatedly competitive with me. She is constantly asking about my grades and my work and wanting to see my notes/study guides. Recently she some how learned that I take medicine and flipped out on me saying that it's cheating and unfair and that no wonder I get good grades I am giving myself much more time and energy to do the work and study then anyone else has blah blah blah. I felt so uncomfortable and so torn down that I didn't really know what to say. My friend Maggie (she takes Adderall) told her she should feel lucky she doesn't have to take medicine just to get on the same level as her classmates because that's what it is for us-- it evens the playing field (if that) it doesn't make us smarter. I work very hard for my grades so she can shove it!!! What would you have done? Have any of you experienced anything similar?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32897, Anonymous37781