shezbut
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
15.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2013 at 11:55 PM

((BrokeNBeautiful))

That is so ridiculous that a doctor would be asking you why you're disabled! I'm not sure how I would react either ~ as I have both mental and physical illnesses that are disabling. Still, it's none of their beeswax why you're on Medicare.

I live in a subsidized apartment building, for disabled people. Some of us are visibly disabled, and some aren't. Unfortunately, people often jump to ill-conceived conclusions by just the "looks" of a person ~ underestimating the value of lots of visibly disabled people and overestimating & hurting the invisibly disabled people. It really sucks, because it does hurt. I'd much rather be underestimated than overestimated!

Maybe you should leave it as that you are unfortunately permanently disabled. Go on to ignore the Q's, and simply state that you're getting all of the help that is available to help you battle this disease. Then, let it go. If they continue to push it, tell them that you really don't like to discuss it ~ the illness can be hard for you to discuss at times. Please, let you be. Thank you.

Hopefully, they'll let it go at that! Very best wishes to you....

"Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace."
- Author Unkown
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
anneo59, NWgirl2013

Thanks for this!
anneo59, BrokenNBeautiful, H3rmit, Nammu