View Single Post
Widubert

Member Since Apr 2013
Default Apr 08, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Hi Jadedmoonbeam, good to see you're on the forum again!

It's really a coincidence for me that you came back only a few weeks ago. I've been reading your posts about getting off seroquel & losing weight. I'm myself still struggling with the insomnia that the coming off it is giving me and it has made life very difficult, I feel I'm back where I started two years ago before starting quetiapine.

How did your sleep evolve in the months/years after you stopped seroquel? You said that it became better, but now that it has been a while, how do oyu look at the whole thing in retrospect?

So for my question to you .

The difficulty for me is solely due to the lack off sleep/shallow sleep. I'm not hypomanic or depressed, not even dysphoric, even though the tiredness does affect my mood and I'm quite lethargic. The latter I already had the last five months of my normal quetiapine dose (400mg.), the reason I wanted to get rid of it since it had lost it's value.

I'm continuing my lamictal (200mg) and so far I feel it is effective as a monotherapy.

It took me four months to get to the dose I'm now taking (12,5mg) and I feel I can finaly try 0mg. without getting extremely nauseated. I'm afraid though that the waking up and shallow sleep will stay with me for a long time, considering it took so long to get from 150 mg to 12,5 (from 400 to 150 went much, much quicker).

Anyway, I found a lot of comfort in reading that I'm not alone and there is a lot to read on forums about people trying to quit this drug. For me it has been very informative, much more so than all the research articles I downloaded. So my thanks to all those people!

If anyone, - now or years from now! - has any questions about how I went about it (and how it's going), just ask here or sent me a PM.

I know a lot about this drug and psychopharmacology in general (partly because of my background in neuroscience, and partly because I studied this drug for the 2 years I've been on it extensively). Maybe I can provide people with some answers when their psychiatrists can't or don't want to...
Widubert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote