View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
54k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Guess I look goofy cause no one has ever asked me and I got Medicare when I didn't want it. But I'm deaf so people assume thats why. I've been deaf since I was 3 and THAT was never a reason for my disability-some folk think I can't drive------I'm not blind. Once long ago when I was working during summer break a guy I worked with told me I was taking a job away from a normal person and I shouldn't be working I could get money from the feds!!!! He felt the same way about my going to the U, I paid for all my classes by working! Some also think I can read Braille( I used to, but only because I worked at a school for the blind), Really my ears have nothing to do with my intelligence, sight, or ablity to drive a car.

Tell them dim docs, you earned it with scars upon your soul. They only show their own ignorance when they question you. Who said you had to be smart to get a PhD? (said with tongue in cheek) Keep your head up, you never signed up for a mental illness, and thats all it is, an illness-like diabetics.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BrokenNBeautiful, happiedasiy, shortandcute

Thanks for this!
anneo59, BrokenNBeautiful, emgreen, shortandcute