Thread: Caring Too Much
View Single Post
basharneedshelp

Member Since Apr 2013
Default Apr 23, 2013 at 09:13 PM

so just about 2 months ago, i have moved to a new school which is much bigger than my old school. this had given me symptoms similar to culture shock. ever since, i feel like everything i do is very unusual.

Here's something you guys can probably relate to; you know how when you're in a public space and you just start to wonder off in your imagination? well, that happens to me quite often and after im done imagining, i think to myself "oh boy, what was i doing in reality while i was in my imagination?"

that's one thing that frustrates me. another thing is that i tend to think weather or not i'm walking correctly or sitting correctly. This happens because again, i just moved to a new school with a bigger environment therefore culture shock is kicking in and making me feel strange. And since culture shock kicks in, i feel as if everything i do is unusual. this had put me in the worst depression pit i can be in. My stressful-ness is beating over my confidence, keeping me from socializing, which is..... bad.

While im in such situations, i try to make myself believe that everything is normal and im just an ordinary person. But its really hard to make myself believe that for whatever reason. I've thought about speaking to the school counselor but can someone tell me how to do so? i've never really done this, do i just go to the front office and say "may i speak with the counselor?" and then tell him/her everything?

I don't think i can live this way. I miss being who I am. And i really wanna feel like a normal person that fits in as much as the others. Please help.
basharneedshelp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous33170