Thread: Meeting tonight
View Single Post
HabitualQuitter

Member Since Mar 2013
34 hugs
given
Default Apr 25, 2013 at 05:13 PM

So I found an IRL Bipolar support group that meets the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month. Tonight will be my first time there. I'm hoping that some will have a suggestion for getting med management without doing the inpatient stuff. The meeting is pretty far from my house and it's downtown, at night. I'm cool with it because I do street ministry downtown on Saturday mornings (at least I used to before the flip). But I'm going to be on the other side of downtown so I'm hoping to A) not get lost B) seriously, I cannot get lost. If I get turned around downtown I will come home cause I can't show up late and have everyone turn their heads at me C) be able to speak clearly, I need to communicate.

I'm optimistic right now but who knows when that will change. Nature of the beast. I'm dressed and ready to go. Leaving with an hour to get there, have time to stop for coffee (I heart Dunkin' Donuts) and possibly a little bite to eat. I've been having headaches everyday since I weaned off of the Restoril so I have Tylenol, Motrin, and then some of my night meds (Lamictal, Inderal, Prednisone [last day on that], & 200mg of Seroquel incase I need it there. I'm not taking the full dose at my normal night hour for obvious reasons but I function okay on 200mg).

Lately I've been taking 200mg of Seroquel around 7 or 8pm the other 800mg right before bed. It doesn't seem to lessen the side effects breaking it up that way but I guess it helps me mentally, like a mind trick - "I'm only taking 800mg instead of 1000mg."

Okay, I think I've said all I can say on this for now.

Dx: BP1, ADD, OCD, PTSD, GAD
Current: Topamax 200mg, Ativan 1mg PRN, Lamictal 200mg, Ritalin 20mgx2, Klonopin 1mg PRN, Omega 3 Abilify 10mg

Past & failed: Seroquel, Saphris, Lithium, Neurontin, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Effexor, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil, Remeron, Vistaril, Haldol, Ambien, Restoril Xanax and now most likely Abilify

HabitualQuitter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote