View Single Post
Anonymous29319

Default Oct 30, 2006 at 08:07 PM

Thanks Doc John. -

I know you are not talking about any ONE member and I am going to place MY OWN EXPERIECES with this.

if you would not say this in real your real life then it shouldnt be posted is is something That I have said many times before.

As for respecting others and what they say and not take it outside this group I have that respect to a point sometimes I have had aproblem on line that I cannoit solve without going outside the group plus the fact that -

this is an open to the public community. that means that if someone is placing something on the boards then ALL of the world wide web already has access to that information so whether or not I take information outside this community boards and chat room for example post a summary of the posts here and a subject line of the community boards here on my blog, that is not stepping beyond confidentiality because those that access my blog are already coming in here member or not reading those volluntarily placed posts.

I do agree placing the posters names within my blogs is not right. But because its a public community and no one is forcing anyone to post their personal experiences there is no confidentiality problem.

yea I agree taking names outside the community is not being very respectful for example - last night on a different website I happened to be the topic of conversation and those on that site talking about me came here and copied my posts and blog most likely without being members. I didn't tell them what they did was wrong and so on because this site is open to the public so they were well within their rights to do what they did and knowing this happens I never place anything in my posts and blogs that I would not say to anyone in my real life face to face and that includes those people I have met on line in my many on line support groups that I attend.

But anyway when that kind of thing happens it can be uncomfortable for both the person who is doing this and the person being talked about because on line no one ever knows who is members of what website and that the people that are being complained about are not actually the people that the person complaining is not right at that moment talking to. That person that was complaining about me last night had no idea that I was the person that they were complaining about because on each of my support groups I use a different log in name.

the way I handle being in other on line support groups is that just like when I am here I dont say what the support group name is that I am in is that I am having a problem on and I don't say names or who I am having a problem with.

If my friends on other on line groups ask for a name and site I tell them that is not important its on line and therefore can be happening at any on line support group and with any on line support group member. What is important is I have this problem and would like ideas to solve this problem.