View Single Post
Anika.
Karma Kid

Member Since Sep 2012
1,410 hugs
given
Default May 07, 2013 at 03:13 PM

Mysogyny among women is also a real problem. Men get the good ol boys club... women get? Party of one. Not much sisterhood anymore. Makes me sad, not too mention lonely. Women slut shaming other women, disliking women because they are women or maybe because they do not fit their own ideal of womanhood. Women play a key role in setting an example of how women should be treated. Taking part in mysogyny only sets the example that it is ok. How did we arrive at that? If we can't beat 'em.. join 'em? I hope more women could keep that in mind, cause fighting the battle is hard enough.. even harder when your up against your own gender.

As a single mother of three whos father I left because of physical violence. He is no where in the picture, so I have to take on the role of cooking, cleaning, mother and father roles, bread winner, handy man, protector, and any other role that comes up. So yeah it would be nice to be treated as an equal when you are pulling the weight of both. Women have more than proven they are equal even tho they never should have had to prove a thing. Should have been a given.

The progress is sad, I agree. Feminisim had become a dirty word. This is probably one of the biggest challenges I face in my life and I am glad this thread was mafe, even tho sad others feel it too.

This living, this living, this living..was always a project of mine

Last edited by Anika.; May 07, 2013 at 04:46 PM..
Anika. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hamster-bamster

Thanks for this!
hamster-bamster, Maven, Onward2wards