Thread: Stuck
View Single Post
Rand.

Member Since Feb 2013
92 hugs
given
Unhappy May 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I wasn't 100% sure where to post this, but it kinda made sense to me to post it here. It's about my gender. I identify as male but was assigned female. I have (unofficially, but just pre-diagnosis) depersonalization disorder. Also, depression, social and general anxiety disorder. About two months ago I was away on my own for a week and a half and allowed myself to go full tilt toward my masculine self. I felt ALL of the symptoms were greatly relieved (not totally, but it was significant after 11+ years of this). As soon as I got back to my parent's place and thereafter, everything has come back. I went back to being referred to as female by everyone, every day. But because of these symptoms and my current inability to cope with them, I don't think I can hold a job so that I can move out. Or if I do, it will just make everything worse because of the anxiety (and ADD just feeds everything bad in that situation). *facedesk* My family won't refer to me by my chosen name or real pronouns, I'm pretty sure about that. And my counselor was adamant about me staying with my parents for the time because my social anxiety prevents me from doing much of anything with people and at least this way I have my family to be with. I'm just going crazy like this, I'm not sure much longer I can take it. I'm not allowed to be ME. And here I'm afraid and concerned for my family's well being because I feel as though I'm going to hurt them badly one way or the other. My existence will cause them pain because they care about me. At least, they care about the fake female me. Argh Sorry about the venting =/ I guess I'm just looking for some sort of advice because I don't know where else to ask - what on earth can I do in this situation?
Rand. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote