Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2012
2,114 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
better I don't know. it does become different. I'm having a really hard time adjusting to normal. I have had times of homelessnes because of this illness. without ssi I have no idea where I would be today.I fully believe that you can have independence but it may look different then other peoples independent. You may need a service dog, you may need an apartment that has all utilities included, your day may consist of intensive outpatient therapy, you may only be able to handle two classes in college until you get your degree, and possibly hold down a part time job or volunteer work.I really believe that a relationship is possible however they may need to be in therapy and you may need marriage counselor to keep the relationship together. this diagnosis by no means mean that your life is over. yes it requires revision of dreams and your life May not look the way you want it you can still be happy. as long as you try to be as proactive as you can you should be okay. I'm not saying that you won't have symptoms but you can learn how this effects and ways to deal With them.
yes, yes!!!
anneo59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote