Thread: Ideas, please?
View Single Post
Anonymous32935

Default May 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM

As a lot of you know, I work from home, sometimes some insane hours of up to 13 hours a day. My work is monotonous, completely on the computer, and isn't hard but it requires a certain amount of concentration to do. During my shifts, I'm invarably on PC lurking, posting occasional things and reading posts when I can.

My problem is this: I have an addictive personality and I plain-out spend too much time on here. It can lead to a feeling of loneliness as well as paranoia. While I have no intention of going anywhere, I need to find other ways to spend my time.

It has to be something I can do with NO audio. My work is scoring an oral standardized test so I can't listen to two things at once. I can read some, but not a gigantic amount. I can probably read the size of an average post before having to stop to do something. It has to be something I don't have to put gigantic amounts of concentration in and that I can easily come back to. I've done some of the games sites such as games.com with some success and wouldn't mind other things like that. An art tutorial site might be cool....I don't know.

Apps for I-phone or android would also work (I have both). Any suggestions/ideas would be gigantically appreciated and I'll be happy to report which ones work best in my particular situation. Thanks much.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200777, Squaw, tinyrabbit