View Single Post
skooby

Member Since Nov 2006
Default Nov 08, 2006 at 09:31 AM

With me its probably more extreme. I don't think I 'fear' people. I just don't go near them! What I've done for most of my life is try and find a compensation in activities, interests and studies, which is partly why I 'know' stuff - it's diverted energies, essentially, that other people use to have happy lives where people play a part. And of course, it never works because its essentially it's not the 'nutrition' I actually need.

There was one situation about 5 years ago when a guy visited me for something, and we got talking a little for about an hour, and I felt on a knife edge of anxiety: if I offer him a cup of tea and invite him to sit down (he was standing for an hour!), he will say "no I have to go" and I felt I just couldn't cope with the rejection. I've had enough of freakin' hostility and rejection. Although in fact, he was a nice and intelligent guy and the kind of person I would like as a buddy. I know that's all 'my stuff', but it's real stuff and I feel if people can't or won't accept my vulnerability, sensitivty and needs, understand it, then I have to walk away. In fact more than that, I never get into that position in the first place.....
skooby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote