View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2013 at 06:53 PM

Oh how wonderful living alone is........I was married (still am actually cause I haven't finished getting the divorce)for 33 years of living under the same roof....the last 13 years we lived in separate wings of the house. I could never trust asking him a question I getting an honest answer & it cost me a lot....but it was hard living together & not feeling it was necessary to ask for the information he was supposedly handling.....I decided that since I couldn't trust him....I needed to GET OUT....so when my mother died, I took my inheritance & moved 2100 miles away & bought a 10 acre farm I had always wanted.

First thing I did when I bought my lawn tractor was take it apart...install the mulcher & put it back together (& IT WORKED!!!!!). Most things I'm ok at fixing myself....I repared a water pipe in the basement so I the front water faucet worked. I have a list of fix it things I still have to do including replacing all the wood around the windows I had replaced when I first moved into the house & stain the wood....& the back water faucet now needs repaired & I have a shut off valve to install inside the basement....I have all the needed parts...I just have to get organized & get it done.

A few years ago when I fractured my back from a bale off a horse I was riding.....it was a true test of whether I could take care of myself of not....I managed....but I also had some really wonderful friends that helped me out.....& I do have some wonderful friends who have helped me clean out the garage which I hadn't been able to do when I fractured my back either. The garage door broke & it was something I couldn't fix....I fixed the roller, but the other part actually pulled out of the wall & there was no way I could fix that. There are some other things that I can't fix, but don't have money to pay to have it done...so it just stays unfixed until I can ever get to the point where it can finally be done.

As for having someone around to talk to or come home to....all it ever was was fighting....so the peace is the most wonderful environment I could ever ask for.

I have 3 eskie dogs now (lost 2 since last Thanksgiving & that was really hard on me emotionally)...but 2 of them sleep in my bed & Tawny is my snuggler....she curls up right next to me & sometimes even on top of my head or at least wraps her paws around my neck (while I"m trying to sleep).....but I love my babies....they are the best company I would ever want.

I have finally been able to recover all the values that I had to end up changing to keep the fighting from being even worse than the things I wouldn't compromise on.....

I can finally eat foods that I like & cook with seasoning that I like.

There honestly isn't anything that isn't a plus on living alone after the horrible marriage that I had.....but he was such a nice guy...no one saw what it was like having to deal with him behind the closed doors....he was an idiot & when I was really sick, he had no capability of caring for family even though I had gone over how to handle finances over & over & thought he had really got it when I finally got us bailed out of the first level of debt his spending philosophy got us into.

Since I left him.....he had messed up my inheritance taxes & the IRS came after us & he never told me about it until 10 months later when I got the letter after having the mail forwarded to my farm......then just 2 years ago, he quit paying the property taxes, then last year he quit paying the house payment......maybe that was for the good because I can't get any credit because of that....I was still & am still on the house even with the loan modification he's getting.

He was a looser like that from before we were married....I mean...his parents gave us the money to pay off his credit card for our wedding present......& he turned around & maxed it out right after getting married.....got sick & tired of fighting him on every aspect of life....I ended up hiding in getting my degree & then in my engineering career.......after 33 years of living like that, living alone feels like heaven in comparison.....& there isn't anything about that married life that I miss....NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!

Have to laugh also....I bought a Dodge 1500 quad cab truck also when I moved here....I am a small 5'1" woman....& all the guys LOVE my truck & kid me about being too small for such a large truck....got news for them....I can haul around in that truck better than they could ever imagine.....along with the fact I learned how to haul & get around with my horse trailer....just takes practice & watch out....get out of my way!!!!!!

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Maven, Seshat, too SHy