View Single Post
Anonymous32935

Default May 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spondiferous View Post
Hang in there, Maranara. Hopefully you'll be able to get through this period of difficulty and land on calmer shores. My whole life I've had problems with relationships: being ditched, stalking people (didn't realize it was stalking until I described the incidents to a counsellor a few years ago), self-harming, going insane with anxiety and depression over abandonment and rejection...I still have a difficult time self-validating. I am getting better in relationships, though. I don't always automatically want to cut people off when they piss me off anymore. Just most of the time. And I am now able to ride it out until the anger subsides and see it for what it really is. It takes time. It takes practice. I found DBT very helpful for depersonalizing things and focusing on my own self.
I have worked with DBT as well as the meditation and mindfulness. It has helped in other ways, the anxiety and over-obsessing in particular, but I have a very, very long way to go when it comes to relationships and it is definitely my weakest point. Thank you.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
H3rmit