Anne2.0
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2013 at 09:58 AM

MLS,

I think that getting to the place where being "ignored" feels okay to you, because it is about the person and s/he may have various motivations for "ignoring" that may not be about liking or not liking you.

I have more than a dozen people on ignore (and not you) and for different reasons. Many of them are infrequent posters who like to stir the pot, and it protects me from myself trying to reply. Some of them are people who have sent me nasty PM's, and the "ignore" feature prevents these people from PMing as well, so I don't have to worry that they will continue to PM-- as one person did-- even after I straightforwardly said "don't PM me again." Then there is a person or two who I can't seem to have a productive interaction with, so again I protect me from myself attempting to try. Aside from the nastyness, my "ignore" people are just fine folks who I just can't make a connection with and it doesn't feel good to even try. I don't see "ignore" as a punishment for "bad" people, I see it as an opportunity for myself to step away from conversations that go nowhere and are frustrating for me.

I'm sure there are people that have me on "ignore", maybe more than I have on my list. I don't see this as a personal failure of mine, and you shouldn't either.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mixedup_emotions, rainbow8