View Single Post
Zarathustra58

Member Since May 2013
5 hugs
given
Default May 25, 2013 at 05:20 PM

Thanks for your reply and it is very nice to meet you too.
I feel you are correct in your assessment, I do not have any strong desire to have sex. Please do not interpret this as a derogatory comment, it isn't meant in that way, but if I were female then I'd probably go along for the ride but as a male it's pretty obvious when I'm not into it and I refuse to ply myself with drugs for the purpose, I'd rather follow my natural inclinations (or lack thereof).
I wonder whether there is any hope for me in the future though, if I knuckle down hard enough and try to open up and connect with a potential partner one day. Feeling unmotivated by sex is fine as a singleton but I'd hate to think that I'd be unable to satisfy any potential future mate. I've always pictured a future where I would be with someone and, try as I might, I cannot shake the desire to find an attractive, intelligent, caring and honest woman to settle down with one day. It's just that I also have this desire to be utterly independent and free and as I'm not seduced by the sexual aspect of things I find it very easy just to be friends with women and rarely desire to push it any further than that, even though I've met some women I really like personality wise and whom I find to be very attractive.
My hunch is that I'm just not in the right phase of my life yet and that in the future things might change. For me sex with another person without intimacy feels cold and shallow and yet I love to play the voyeur in front of my computer screen.
Sex plus intimacy seems like a great idea in theory but it's scary because I feel that there would be very little going back from there. I've always wanted to travel and I have a job which has the potential to take me from continent to continent. I've split my time equally between three countries so far this year already and I love the freedom of being able to just jet off when the mood takes me.
As I say it's not a problem for the immediate present but I would like to try and meet a woman when I next settle down, I'm figuratively between countries at the moment.
Someone I could wine and dine, and who could wine and dine me from time to time. Someone whom I could go and watch a film with and kiss and cuddle, and, if the mood ever takes me, have sex with too perhaps.
Is there hope for me one day? Who knows...
Zarathustra58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote