Member Since Jun 2012
13 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune83 View Post
Hello,
Firstly, many congratulations on your wonderful news
Well done also for getting off the cannabis and alcohol, that takes a lot of strength and isn't as easy as it sometimes may sound.
I think it's lovely that you're rebuilding your relationship with your mum, I hope that's going well.
If you ever need to talk, I'm here. I have three children, (hubby and I have five kids between us) two of which are very young at 13 months and just over 2 months. I really struggled in pregnancy because I have mental health problems and it seemed to trigger massive anxiety. I don't know about where you are, but over here in the UK there is something called the perinatal service which your midwife refers you to if you're pregnant or a new mum and are struggling with mh too. Perhaps there's something like that where you are? Anyway, if you do want someone to talk to then feel free to PM me, I know exactly how hard pregnancy and mh can be!
I do hope you can enjoy your pregnancy, it's wonderful feeling them move for the first time
Coming off the alcohol wasn't too hard, it was never a problem persay, just that I don't hit 21 until September. I never did drink much. The cannabis was the hard part.
Things with my mom are going well, except the fact that I'm too independent for my own good.
Thank you for the supportive words.