Harley47
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
411 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 28, 2013 at 05:54 PM

Hi Hope. I hope I can be of some help.

Firstly, please allow me to say that I am sorry this ever happened to you. No one deserves to have such a thing happen to them.

As far as your friend goes, I've no idea what he's attempting to accomplish in telling you this. I don't think you're overreacting...this isn't something you'd tell someone even if all were well, and for him to tell you this after confiding in him makes it, in my opinion, infinitely more inappropriate. I don't think he is offering you any help in telling you such a thing, and I would recommend that, after telling him it makes you uncomfortable and him continuing, you reevaluate your friendship with him.

Lastly, if I may, don't consider it as losing your virginity to such a thing...I know the physical act took place, but I think, in my own humble opinion, losing one's virginity is much more than the physical act itself. It is, in part, a willing giving of oneself to another. I don't think, in that regard, you have experienced that. I don't know if that offers any comfort, but I wanted to offer that.

My best to you, and I hope things get better soon.

Hugs and prayers,
Harley

Thanks for this!
bighands, hope2013, shezbut