View Single Post
Anonymous50006

Default May 29, 2013 at 06:40 PM

I think it's easier for people who've been in a relationship before that ended to enjoy being single, as you actually know what you're missing (or really what you're NOT missing). I think it's a lot more difficult for someone who's never gotten to experience something that's part of...well, the human experience.

And, if you've been in relationships before, staying single is YOUR choice and you have the power over the situation. If you haven't been a relationship, it doesn't feel like you can be, so you feel powerless and feel like it isn't your choice.

I suppose not many can relate as it seems that many people have some sort of experience with relationships at a fairly young age.

I think I would enjoy being single too if I knew that I wasn't missing anything and relationships weren't worth pursuing. And especially if it were my choice and not because no one wants me. That's why I'm single—there's no one who would date me and I don't blame them.

This (at least for me) doesn't have to do with needing a man to do the "man's jobs"...hell, I'm interested in both genders so there wouldn't necessarily even be a man. It's more that I feel like less of a person because since I'm always rejected, it's as though I don't deserve it. And that I'm powerless...I'm not choosing to be single, I just have no other choice.

I really don't expect others to understand this, but I felt like I needed to explain further.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Seshat