View Single Post
ja22383

Member Since May 2013
Default May 31, 2013 at 03:30 PM

She sounds like she has some SERIOUS trust issues. You could be the most perfect person in the world and it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

I can only speak from my own experience as someone who has trust issues. It's been an ongoing battle most of my life and continues to be. People often describe me as cold or unemotional/withdrawn but it couldn't be further from the truth. Being emotional or letting someone get really close to me makes me feel extremely vulnerable. Having these issues and being in a relationship causes a lot of problems.

I agree with the previous poster. She most likely does need therapy to help her work through this because it's not just going to go away. You can't push her past her comfort level or she will withdraw from you more. If you aren't ready to give up then don't, but your going to have to have the patience of a saint. Don't put your life on hold either. It's going take a significant amount of time for her to get past this. I don't think she's as comfortable with you as you might think. You've only seen the tip of the iceberg with her personal issues. Good Luck!
ja22383 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote