View Single Post
hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 31, 2013 at 04:06 PM

I do not see any problem with men masturbating to my pictures as it does not harm me in any way and if they can derive some practical utility from my image without my spending any time or energy on it, I would say that it only adds to the common good. I in general control my thoughts with respect to sexuality myself because I have full agency power so I do not see how someone's comment would add to or detract from this control. While nobody has ever suggested that men are going to masturbate to my photos in those exact terms (well, hopefully I still have the second half of my life to collect this sort of feedback...), I have heard comments from male acquaintance such as "It is really hard to stand next to you without rising to you" which I have always treated as compliments and deflected using the most powerful tool that is quite universal and is called a sense of humor. When I was a little girl, my extended family, out of concern for teaching me proper manners, taught me the importance of acknowledging compliments with grace and a smile as well as thanking the givers of presents even when I did not like the presents. For example, when I was 6, somebody gave me a book by Astrid Lindgren (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrid_Lindgren - she was one of the best children's books writers throughout the world history, but unfortunately has not received enough recognition in the US, and if you have not read her books I recommend that you do because you would experience a lot of joy even as an adult) AND I HAD ALREADY READ THE BOOK and I told the giver about that. After the birthday party, my aunt chastised and shamed me in such a way that I still remember the lesson. The lesson is that you should acknowledge good intentions even if you do not have any use for them.

Even though my extended family did not use any sexually-charged context in their teachings on manners, I was later able to transfer the lesson and apply it to the sexually-charged context, just as when you learn the multiplication table up to 10 or 12, you can then use that knowledge in order to multiply larger numbers (a bad analogy in the world of calculators and computers, but I am rushing with this post so it is what it is).

A sense of humor, a smile, and batting eyelashes from time to time as I (intuitively) see appropriate have been fully sufficient throughout the course of my life in dealing with sexually suggestive compliments without feeling shame, loss of control, loss of power, loss of privacy, as well as feeling violated and deprived of my civil and/or human rights, being triggered, feeling betrayed, suffering from psychosomatic symptoms, or any type of negative consequences that you might deem undesirable.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote