View Single Post
Anonymous59893

Default Jun 01, 2013 at 05:54 PM

I've been reading about depression and mental health stuff since I first got it 6 years ago. When the psychosis stuff started, I read more about that. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing, though it sounds like it's lowering your productivity at work. Could you confine it to when you are on a break or at home?

I was interested in psychology before the depression struck, but my reading about MI massively increased when it got personal. It made me fancy a career in psychiatry, and then, when I realised that I couldn't face being a junior doctor and was starting to lose faith in psychiatry, made me switch to psychology to see if I could become a clinical psychologist. I could do health psychology with my background in medicine, but I'm more interested in MI.

I still have essays to write for Uni, but after I've finished I have a stack of reading about psychosis, recovery stories by Escher & Romme, differences in treatment in different countries, Elyn Saks' book etc. I'm looking forward to learning more about psychosis from a non-psychiatric perspective. I haven't moved beyond my illness, but I feel like the reading I have for the summer will help me explore other treatment options and ways of seeing myself that will help me one day move on from being 'sick', even if the symptoms don't completely disappear. And I think that may be the same for you - when you understand what happened to you and why, I think you will be able to 'move on'.

All the best,

*Willow*
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Sometimes psychotic