View Single Post
okiedokie
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2006
3 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2006 at 11:31 PM

Hi, I appreciate your thoughtful response. Please don't think I'm trying to challenge your theories; just trying to understand. You clarified my question about 5 "parts" of a problem by saying not necessarily, but there are 5 "aspects." You also refer to them as levels. Isn't that all the same thing? Also, I don't think I 'splained myself very well initially. I don't think that quick solutions are necessarily "simple." Some of us might know what the solution is, or could be, but have a hard time building the bridge to get there. I think I might be one of those people if going to New York, like to go to New York directly, rather than via Rome. In my line of work, I do a lot of root cause analysis and find it a useful tool in my own life. Perhaps, we're more aligned than we think we are!

I'd love to hear what you think of my comment about hypersensitivity. Do you think that could be true?

Also, I appreciate your honesty about your attraction to your mother, but it sort of freaked me out. My experiences with pdocs, therapists, etc. have been less than stellar. I like to think that the person (professional) helping me is less whacky than I am. One PhD (male) wanted to leave his wife for me. A psychiatrist I once saw, told me how he and his siblings assisted his mother in a "final exit" suicide and was questioned by the cops. In a psych hospitalization , my therapist told me, "heck, there are a lot of sick people here, all you have to do is lose a few pounds and get back out there."

Once again, I'm off the beaten path. Maybe, I'm just slow to trust and just want to be reassured that you're not another whack job!?
Thanks,
S.