View Single Post
happyfun6

Member Since May 2013
Default Jun 06, 2013 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allimsaying View Post
Yes, Ive experienced this. Im not certain its a symptom of depression or something else.

Have you been to a doctor for a diagnosis? What you're experiencing is very hard to deal with. You might even feel you werent clear in your post but you were. I strongly suggest you find help with this.

I struggled with it for 2 or 3 decades. Things can improve but you need knowledgeable help that I had difficulty finding/accepting. Help is available. I'll be praying for you.

Keep reading and posting. Reading others posts has helped me learn to articulate my own feelings, so we are all helping each other here in some way. You too. Im glad I wasnt the only one who ever felt that way, but Im sorry you're having to deal with it too. I think it happens when the floor falls out beneath us because of multiple emotional upheavals.
I believe it's related to the cognitive fuzzing that the depression causes. I also have depersonalization (mild dissociation) which can also "fog" things up. There's an emptiness of feeling and thought combined with a disturbed sense of identity that makes communicating hard for me in certain states of mind.

When I did write that post I didn't think it was very lucid, but rereading it with a better mood/attitude I can see I expressed myself well enough and I feel satisfaction from that and also a comfort.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
happyfun6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
allimsaying, optimize990h

Thanks for this!
allimsaying