Maidan Chick

Member Since Mar 2010
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2013 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebird View Post
I wanted to point something out. It came to mind because I'm resuming an employment placement program through Vocational Rehabilitation. I had been previously assessed for a similar program, and the (female) case workers took points off of my job readiness evaluation for my "hygiene." I was concerned that I smelled bad or something and didn't know it, so I asked them about it, and all it turned out to be was that I wasn't wearing makeup. That's right, just because I was a woman, wearing makeup was considered part of acceptable work-ready personal hygiene. They wouldn't have docked a man, clean and groomed to the same degree I was, for not wearing makeup. But a woman is considered somehow not as professional-looking without it. By the way, I had not been told, before the evaluation started, that a professional appearance would be expected of me.

I ended up not being placed in a job that time because who's going to read "poor personal hygiene" in an evaluation, and hire that person? They made it sound like I didn't take a shower or something.

I read that many employers when interviewing think if woman is not wearing mascara it could be that she's a constantly crying wreck who cannot keep make up on.

I would never to go interview without "decent" make up on. I might as well not go. Then again, I mostly happen to go to corporate places.
(apparently, I am still doing something wrong).

(apparently, being too tan is bad too, cause you... I guess in this time people aren't supposed to be in sun so often, unless they are lazy and take mid-day siestas).

Quote:
Truth be told: The majority of men who insist they do not prefer women with makeup...ARE HYPOCRITES. Why does your head turn to look at other women with makeup on? Why do you place more value on women whose looks are "Retouched"? This places an impossible standard on REAL women. First, we're not pretty enough without makeup. Then we wear it, due to low self esteem, and we get told we're fake or not as good because we have conformed to the world we were born into. Its a double edged sword. As a woman, I find that I am treated much better by women and men when I wear makeup and pay attention to my appearance. I WISH I COULD SAY THE OPPOSITE WAS TRUE, but that is simply not the case.
this.

When i am dressed up and made up... I get treated better. Even when I go to bank or something, to store. When I am on my lazy day... not that much.

HATEFREE CULTURE

venusss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200777