View Single Post
anon20140705

Default Jun 21, 2013 at 05:55 AM

Some makeup artists give the advice that when wearing makeup, you should focus on either the eyes or the lips, but not both. If you go all out on your eyes, stick to a nude-color lip gloss, but if you've got your lips painted up, minimize your eye shadow. That's part of Mimi's mistake on the first page. She is (overly!) emphasizing both eyes and lips.

With me it's the eyes. They're large and green, but my lashes are a bit sparse, and I never use mascara because it irritates me, so I make sure to use liner. Then I put on plum-colored shadows, dark near the lids and lighter near the brow, to make the green stand out. My lips, I downplay with a shade close to natural. I don't look complete if I leave them undone, but I don't go dark. The reason for this is the natural pigmentation of my teeth. No matter what, they're not going to be gleaming white, even if I've just had them polished at the dentist's. And that's after I quit smoking six years ago. The hygienists say my teeth are as white as I'm able to get them. Only veneers will make them any whiter, and that's $$ I don't have. I've made the mistake of wearing dark lipstick before, and it just makes my teeth look very yellow next to my lips. If I wear a more natural shade, my teeth don't look white, but they also don't look like I never brush them.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hamster-bamster