View Single Post
TippPatt

Member Since May 2013
118 hugs
given
Default Jun 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1127 View Post
Telling a recovering rape victim that men would like to masturbate to her pic is a terrible thing to say. Rape is a trauma of intrusive sexual attention, of the most intrusive and shame-inducing kind possible. Telling a woman that people would like to masturbate to her pic is usually intrusive sexual attention. It's the same f****** thing and I don't know how hard it is to see that. It's going to trigger all the fear and shame and disgust of the original event.
Mike AND Hope:

I don't think the guy reveres virginity at all. He seems to see sex as only sex and has no intimate feelings about the topic - he's way too open with the comments as if that's normal behavior. It's not really, it's bold, forward, and happens far too often in today's society. That's sad really.

I think you'll probably find, Hope, that he wasn't raised very well. To that end, I'd find myself a friend that was both raised well and understood just how off color those kind of remarks to ANY woman would be.

Hope: you might want to read up on PTSD, you seem to have a touch of it - and no doubt you would, based on what you went through. Check it out.
TippPatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
hope2013