Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2013
388 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jun 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2013 View Post
After the rape I was terrified at the idea of being rejected by guy based on what had happened. I ended up in an online relationship with someone I had never met in person.

He said I shouldn't tell anyone about the rape, which increased my insecurities. He was very clingy and didn't let me lead a normal lifestyle (he expected us to be chatting for 6-7 hours a day). It was after I ended things with him that I realised I have the power to heal myself. When I ended things with him he said I deserved to be raped.

I have become very selfish since then, I hope my family and friends can forgive me in the future.

I am from the countryside, so there are no rape survivors groups in my area. The good news is that I resumed my college studies last month. So hopefully that's a step forward.

That was a terrible thing to say to you and his expectation were unreasonable. A lot of married people don't spend 7-8 hours a day talking to each other. It is probable best you ended things with him. I imagine it was causing you more grief than comfort.

It is very good that you are getting into your college studies again. Hopefully it is a sign you are recovering and moving forward with your life.

My wife was repeated raped by an abusive ex boyfriend. She was fighting with her parents and had no where to go. He wouldn't let her get a job and had a lot of control over her.

I don't think any less of her for what happened. I don't blame her for it. I think she has a lot of strength that she could go through that, and not be really messed up. She eventually got away from him, went back to college and got a degree.

She has dealt with it well. I know I wouldn't have the strength to keep going if I went through it.

If you ever want someone to talks to feel free to pm me.

Hugs from:
happiedasiy

Thanks for this!
happiedasiy, hope2013