View Single Post
Janae

Member Since Jun 2013
7 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2013 at 02:13 PM

Why are you still there? If you have an exit strategy - get out now while you still can! These out-of-control men are most dangerous during a breakup.

What you described here IS "Bad Abuse" - you don't need a broken bone to be badly abused.

When I left, I hired two handimen and had them load a UHaul truck for me. My abuser wouldn't harm me with other guys watching. I knew that and was safe.

Abusers are very charming when they fear they're losing the person they want to control. Don't stick around to hear more. The abuse is already far beyond what any woman should have to bear.

Why isn't that guy you've been online-chatting with helping you get out now? Not that he should show up for a fight with your soon-to-be-ex... that too could be dangerous.

Yes, you might be leaving for another bad relationship. You don't know if the other guy will turn from Prince Charming to Godzilla... abusive men are very sweet when they're trying to woo you. Or, you may be lucky with the second guy, or the new relationship might not work for you. But definitely you need to leave the guy who abused you and I wouldn't stick around to discuss it with him any further.

Last edited by Janae; Jun 25, 2013 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Amended to say: LEAVE NOW - You don't have any material possessions there that are worth losing your life over.
Janae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote