View Single Post
gypsylady3200

Member Since Jun 2013
Default Jun 26, 2013 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld18 View Post
So apparently I'm really weird and annoying, but I don't see how I am. I get told this all the time. Whenever my dad talks to me about how I am, he has nothing good to say, he just talks about how immature I am and how I should act my age.

How do I stop being weird and annoying and how do I act my age? I'm 18, just turned, going to be a senior in hs this coming year
Hi there, I'm 46 and I have felt that way my whole life, too. Sounds to me like you're dad has some of his own issues to deal with. We should support our children, not tear them down. He is probably just parenting the same way he was parented without thinking about it, sadly. Try to realize that being who you are is OK and that you should be loved for that. You can't live up to your dad's expectations. I have known many people who have tried their whole lives and never found happiness. Love yourself.

Sometimes being "weird" is ok and even good. Steve Jobs was weird. I can't say it's worked in my favor money-wise. I have learned to be an observer of the world and of people in a way that others don't. I have accepted the fact that I am different and I don't expect people to understand. Learning to love myself has taken many years and lots of work. I hope that you are able to do that sooner. Find your passion. Accept and love yourself. Life is awfully short to try to spend it being something you're not. I love weird. It may be harder for you to "find your pack" (like wolves), but you will. I don't have a lot of friends either, but there are a few people out there that are special just like you are and they need you too. Take time to get to know yourself, your likes and dislikes, what your goals are. Try new things and explore life! You are unique and that is good!!
gypsylady3200 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bharani1008

Thanks for this!
bharani1008, dukedante1138, hannabee, redbandit, Seshat, shortandcute