View Single Post
Concerned23

Member Since Jun 2013
Default Jun 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter4me View Post
One huge older study found the best predictor of children ending up in the criminal justice system or mental health system with serious problems was the opinion of young peers. (I believe this study went on for more than 40yrs and is out of ....Sweden I think)
Much more accurate than what parents, teachers, other adults, or tests.
(eg. who was seen consistently as a bully etc))
That's interesting and very likely. She doesn't have friends (except for 1 neighbor girl who she says she hates and tries to avoid - if that can be considered a friend?). She bullies and blames her other cousins (even those who are older than her). I guess I'm so surprised at how rude she can be with adults (when she's not clearly being manipulative), because most kids are very pleasant with us (as we're the Aunt & Uncle & not the parents). We were at a party for someone else the other day and she asked if she could have something I bought the birthday girl (it's unnerving how she is always asking us for things - it's more than most kids and we're generous with her. I guess at least she's asking and not just taking?). I said that I bought it for the birthday girl (X) and that I thought X would really like it. She said, "you think or you know?" ??? And then went on about how she wanted it and had a fit when I gave it to X. I know kids get jealous, but she's 8, not 4 or even 6.
Concerned23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote