View Single Post
sabby
Community Support Team

Member Since Feb 2005
6,304 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I had a hysterectomy when I was 43 or 44, I'm now 57. The worst part was dealing with the night sweats and multiple daily hot flashes when the doc took me off those lovely pills that kept me cool, calm and collected...LOL.

My Gyn was awesome and we had tried a number of different things over a 4 year period (no pun intended) to relieve my pain, but nothing worked. She also believed that in leaving my cervix, I would continue to have and want sex. Little did she know at the time that I wasn't having sex and I didn't want it with my then husband.

I ended up going back to work after 2 weeks of being home and going nuts. Since part of my job was behind a desk and the other part was very physical, I had to be on light duty. Doc was very surprised that I wanted to go back to work so soon as it was May and she figured I would enjoy the summer off. I healed very quickly from the surgery.

Fast forward a couple of years, I met and married another man and had the most awesome sex with him. I was never dry, I was always willing and able and up for it, anytime! Even though we have divorced (long distance relationships are hard!), I still feel the same way about sex.

Bottom line for me was that it was the best thing I ever did for myself. The pain I had been experiencing 25 days out of each month was horrendous. To not have that anymore was a God-send. I don't mind still having my cervix, I just have to have pap smears every year as normal. So far, so good with those.

I wish you well either way you decide.

sabby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hamster-bamster

Thanks for this!
hamster-bamster, healingme4me