Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2010
330 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 28, 2013 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSkipper View Post
You have a serious fear of hospitals. You've been avoiding them for years and you felt like you've been taken advantage of which isn't remotely true. It is your job to make sure you are comfortable and to know exactly what they are doing. Not all doctors tell you what they are doing because they assume you know what's going on. I didn't know that when I got my first gyno check up and I started crying when she put that thing inside me and put her finger inside me. She never told me what was happening and then she asked me if I had been raped before because I was crying so much which was embarrassing for me. But it was my fault that I didn't ask her to explain it to me.

I don't think this thread is really about fantasies, it is about your fears. I would see your therapist about it because it's not normal to be that afraid of the doctors at your age, especially now that you are at the age when you need to be seen by the gyno regularly and have things those things inserted inside you.

My initial fear of seeing the gyno was that I had never been fingered before and I was conflicted by how this affects me sexually. But I just remind myself that she is only checking to make sure that I am normal, nothing else. But yes, before I had my appointments I would have fears/fantasies that I might enjoy being touched that way.

Doctor fantasies in itself are common, but you are fantasizing because you are afraid. You are afraid of being vulnerable and that the doctor might try to seduce you or touch you inappropriately. This is something you need to see your therapist about.
Thanks for your reply! I think I may have explained it a little wrong because I haven't exactly been avoiding doctors for years- I have avoided them before because my parents let me, but that was a long time ago. And I don't actually think I have been taken advantage of, though those illogical feelings have arisen.

I have never gotten a gyno exam, but I would be horrified too. Maybe doctors don't always explain what is going on well enough because they have done it so many times before that they can't always understand how potentially embarrassing it could be for someone. I don't know if I could ever talk to my T about this, but I do know that my fear is excessive, so I will think about it.

Interesting, so you think I fantasized about it because I am so afraid. Maybe the fantasies were a way of trying to feel okay about what happened? Thanks for your help.
purplemystery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote