View Single Post
growlithing
Magnate

Member Since May 2013
53 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 28, 2013 at 08:45 PM

From my experience of telling people about any trauma I've endured (not SA thankfully), I've encountered two kinds of people: ones that understand and ones that don't. Maybe they don't understand what I'm feeling, but they respect the gravity of the situation and clearly attempt to respond with care. People who don't understand, won't understand and there is no use even bothering with a second chance. They won't just magically get it.

To be honest, this guy sounds like he was more interested in trying to hook up with you than getting to know you or supporting you through your journey. He's not someone you need to be friends with and honestly sounds like bad news to anyone really.

Also, I consider losing your virginity as something voluntary by definition. I certainly wouldn't call what happened to you "losing your virginity". I'm sorry it happened to you and I'm sorry he was such a jerk.

[EDIT] any online group that gives you that "advice" is a waste of time. It's damaging to hear and you should not participate in groups like that
growlithing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote