Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2013 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
I think you have been with "yourself" too much and that has colored your thinking. You sound like you mostly have interaction only with what is inside your own head and that is not conducive to good "reality checking" and getting along with the vast majority of people.
I totally agree. I think that is on a general level the REAL and GENERAL problem you are facing, and all the foot stuff is a small specific manifestation. Also, you seem to project some of your ideas (that are, to some extent, unusual and very odd, not that there is anything wrong with that in and of itself) onto everybody.

Say, you wrote:

"The ChildFree (CF) Community is who I seek friendship & love from. Therefore, what they are and are not comfortable with, what they do & don't recommend has more influence on me than what was said in the PsychCentral social group titled "At Jesus' Feet"."

Well, this is the first time I hear about the ChildFree community and, I have never read what is posted on the PsychCentral group "At Jesus' Feet", and yet I am supposed to somehow follow your train of thought as you compare those two sources of influence on you?.. This seems to be an example of your having a LOT of discussions, that are probably mostly cognitive, inside your head, which, again, is fine by itself, but then expecting others to follow. Almost as if others can "read your mind". I think the incident with the lady and toe nail polish was similar - you imputed to her "having read your unusual mind", and, 1000 to 1, she was simply a little insecure, as Lynn pointed out. She did not read your (unusual, to some extent) mind. People do read minds, but it is rare. Women do get insecure about appearance, and it is common. Hence, your hypothesis is valid but unlikely to be true, and Lynn's is likely to be true because she is in touch with reality much more than you are.

Further, "So I made up my mind to stick with antitheism (the belief that religion is harmful)." - this is very weird, even to me, and I grew up with
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_people, and completely unhelpful to you, because it is too narrow, too rigid, and discounts positive experiences that other people might be having with their religions. Since you already have the problem of difficulty with "reality checking", per Perna's insight, and since a lot of people around you are religious, further separating from the reality of people around you by sticking with antitheism seems counterproductive for you. The opposite to what the doctor has ordered. I would stick with garden variety atheism instead, because it does not judge others with differing beliefs quite as much. Much better.

Further, " I've never had sex before, and have only wanted to since my confirmation of sterility on 3/7/2013. " - this is also very weird and unusual. A lot of people take precautions in order to have sex that would not result in conception and abstain from sex when such precautions cannot be taken for some reason, but still want sex. They want sex but abstain from it, or, they want it and have it but take a combination of precautionary measures. You did not actually want it when you were not sterile. It is not in any way bad, but it is highly unusual.

So what I am trying to say is that your mind works in a highly unusual way, which is not bad, but is unusual. It seems to me that the foot fetish, being common, is much more widespread in the population than the specific unusual way in which you mind works is. So, it seems to me, your foot fetish is more or less a variation on the norm and not a cause for any concern, but how your mind works and how you lack in the ability to check reality is a cause for concern, and I would recommend professional therapy for that.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lynn P.